Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Evolution of a Storefront

TraillWorks, 135 Spring Street, Newton, NJ

I've been open now for four days and I've noticed much about the space that needs adjustment. My sign was ordered, hung, and approved by the building inspector (whew!) After I had already ordered and designed my sign I found out through reading Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping by Paco Underhill that all storefront signs should be perpendicular to a building. Obviously I did that incorrectly. But the current sign shown above is big and very visible from the street to drivers. I will be adding window lettering to reiterate some of the same message, but to be visible to pedestrians.

So much to learn! Today I planted the flowers in the planters with perennials and annuals with the idea of bringing some beauty and attraction to my storefront. I definitely have noticed people noticing my building more. To help draw more attention I'm purchasing an "open" flag this evening. Hopefully that will help even more. Stop by and see me.

PARKING:

Rear of Building (in open spots marked C & H Property Development)

When driving West on Spring Street, turn right into the alley across from JC's GrillHouse
(1 storefront before TraillWorks)

Street Parking (free, 2 hour limit)

Public Lots (follow signs for paid parking around Newton)


jennie@traillworks.com
www.traillworks.com

No comments: