Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 24 at Peters Valley

Valley Brook Dorm, My home away from home, © Jennie Traill Schaeffer

This month is quickly drawing to a close and though I have had the most spectacular time painting and more painting, I am getting anxious to pack up and return to my husband and puppy. I think they're stopping by tomorrow to go for a hike in Stokes State Forest.


Mother and Child, 18" x 24", Oil on Stretched Linen, © Jennie Traill Schaeffer

This past week I completed another painting, but as I see it in a digital form there is one structural thing that is irking me that I will have to fix. This photo is also slightly blurry. Post a comment to me if you know what it is.

Perker Maesta in Progress, Oil on Stretched Linen, 3' x 5', © Jennie Traill Schaeffer

Above is the Perker Maesta I began working on yesterday. I am currently laying on the "under painting" which are thinned out oils to mass in volume and color which I will then palette knife over with heavier paint.

My last post from Peters Valley will be Monday where I will give you an overview of the other artists who I've spent the past month will. I was very fortunate to have had their guidance, friendship, and company.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it that you can see the gold stripes through the pots as if they were clear???

Martha H. said...

Hi Jennie,
It's been interesting to vicariously follow your residency through the blog. I look forward to hearing more about it at BOAS.
Enjoy your last few days!